11.18.2012

NOT a masquerade ball

a new persona or a pomegranate?
Lately been pondering the ways people present themselves to the world. Specifically, myself. Today marks my 7th month of physical and mental sobriety and I think about all the ridiculous social situations I've found myself in the last 6 years. Fleeting friendships or acquaintanceships, who knows at this point which one was which?
This whole new business of being sober - monitoring myself and my behaviors especially with other people around, in social situations, can hinder my carefree self…I guess I have yet to draw the delicate line between the wonderfully adventurous carefree and the self destructive "Let's break some shit" me. As of right now, I find myself feeling a little disconnected, or distanced in most of my friendships. Not seriously detached, just cautious and awkward at times. And don't want to repeat mistakes of the past. Therefore I stop myself before I say too much or appear "too much". Always ending up being called the "crazy" one, the "weird and silly" one, I just want to be who I really am and not feel like I have to apologize for it. No point here in this post, other than I hope that this overly cautious stage of my life is temporary. Otherwise, whats the point of sobriety?

No comments:

Post a Comment