6.01.2011

BBQ

      Yesterday I went to a Young People's AA bbq in Albany Park.
My first real fellowship event. Funny how planning on what time to arrive, my mind whispered:"after everyone loosens up a bit."-  Yes Mia, with root beer. Silly billy.
We played Uno for hours, identified how alcoholic of us to not want to quit the game even after it got dark and we could barely tell the colors of the cards. How very determined of us to not give something up because realistically it just doesn't work. I felt like I was back in fourth grade, where things were exciting, competitions were fun, and no life threatening behaviors encouraged. I went to sleep tired, smelling of outside frolic and bonfire. Me likey. 
Found that I didn't feel odd or lonely in a crowd. I was very much involved in what was going on around me. That's big.




I want you to get excited about who you are,
what you are, what you have, and what can still be for you.
 I want to inspire you to see that you can go
 far beyond where you are right now
- Virginia Satir

Kime Buzzelli

We can actively create the excitement and the inspiration. Passively waiting for "the good life" is past behavior. Each day, this day, we can set our sights on reaching a goal - we can take a step, or two toward that goal. Progress is there for the making - achievement is there for the taking. We are what we need to be. We have what we need to move ahead.

1 comment: