6.11.2011

`at camp

Summer camp for children, ages 7 - 10.
Eating our fourth meal of the day in a community tent.

The country air purifies the blood and stimulates our appetite, we've been running around all day.

There are three different sandwiches, served by crusty ladies with mustaches.
These are:
`ham and tomato
`cheese and tomato
`strawberry jam

One cup of hot cocoa per kid, and the refills aren't available. It stimulates our sense of self-discipline but we're not aware of that yet. But that doesn't upset us, we all got our portion after all.
I make sure there's enough sips throughout the whole meal. First goes the ham sandwich, which is the most savory, next up cheese and tomato (slightly less flavorful, therefore prepares of me of what's to come).
My last piece of bread is decorated with strawberry jam, and it is glistening before my eyes. I've been looking forward to this moment. For every bite there's a sip. What a supper.     Satisfaction.


No comments:

Post a Comment