11.07.2010

Sunday Lunch


Took a walk to our local grocer, picked up meats and cheeses and oh more meat for dinner, parmesan, parsley to stuff the baked bone - in chicken breasts tonight, along with brown rice and tomatoes tossed in olive oil. Nothing fancy, just cooking. I told myself I was gonna cook a lot more once we moved in and so I'm going to try to keep that promise to myself. It may not be advanced, but at least I'm not eating out, I'm taking time to make delicious things that suit my mood. And then I get to go back and read the recipe.
                      My personal booklet!
This lunch is just a nice juicy melt- whole grain bread, butter (lots of it), brie cheese, tomatoes, peppercorn salami and jalapeno havarti. Sriracha sauce on the side for dipping. Since grilled cheese sandwiches (the way bear makes them for me when I feel homesick/blue/etc.) have become my comfort food, any idea of slightly different ingredients on a hot sandwich is quite appealing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment